1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

Familiar yet, fresh

Discussion in 'Snipin's a good job, mate!' started by ExplosiveDeer, Feb 27, 2014.

1. ExplosiveDeer

ExplosiveDeer Rocket Man Staff Member The Mapper Admin.Sʐ

Sniper_Orange [Final version released!]
    A map we all know and love, with a twist. A little more spacious for the evenings the map is clustered with the crowds. I wouldn't dare name it something completely different, so I figured Sniper_Orange_110_vED would be quite sufficient!

So what's different with this map I come offering to the aussie enthusiasts? What makes it that much more
    exquisite?

Let's get down to business.
    An interesting beginning to the preview wall! I'll let this go unexplained?
    [​IMG]

HP up! (I kicked down the doors for this high grade medicine!)
    I overheard a desire for more adequate bandage supplements on either side. I think I can agree!
    [​IMG]

Talk about luxury, there's even a peanut gallery!
    I've always wanted to snipe from up on the ledge... It seemed like a good spot, until I met face to face with someone and had no where to hide!
    [​IMG]

Finally installed that backdoor on the camper-van, safety first!
    I figured it'd be nice to have a faster exit route from the towers. Never quite liked losing that cheap killstreak I got up there after running out of bullets.

[​IMG]

So again.. Why is it special?
    Perhaps it isn't the most special of specialties a man could hope to dream for in his life time, but I can guarantee a face full of smiles in this changed environment. It's like that time you're neighborhood park was suddenly redone with the nicest looking playground equipment you'd seen for miles! And at what cost? Absolutely nothing! Except maybe a few days of some alone time of course.

Without further dally, I'd like to ask your opinion on the map! I'd love to see this make it on to the server if possible. That's something a man can truly dream up right?

[​IMG]
    Downloads:
    Latest Version:

vEd03 final: (The top floor has less cover, map edging cleaned up) Download it here.

Previous Versions:
    vEDo2: (Another New Floor, and touch ups to edges) Download it here.

vED01: (New Floor, Escapes, Better doors) Download it here.

Changelog:
    Change 0.3 final (2/28/14 ... Later that day):
    - Found and fixed two leaks in skybox (Lighting will bend to my will now!)
    - Top floor has less cover
    - Cleaned up map edging; optimized map by reducing number of visible brush faces.
    - Fixed alternate bridges?

[​IMG]
    Change 0.2 (2/28/14):
    - No more floating towers
    - Added ANOTHER floor :D (Only accessible by teleports to towers)
    *I may make the 3rd floor a little more scarce on protection in next update*

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

Dam this is bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Deer hopefully cedde uploads this map to the server

3. Perish ♪

Perish ♪ Oink oink Staff Member -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

Wow, this looks great C: !
    The walls at the top is a really good idea, I always felt exposed there. The floating tower irks me a bit, but I can't wait to try it!

4. ExplosiveDeer

Quite funny! It actually bothered me a little as well. But to make a support beam that wouldn't interfere would require an extension on the skybox, which could lead to a few sneaky errors! The original map maker *cough*was bad*cough* at keep consistent with brushes. It's like he used brushes to cover holes in the map rather than just properly stretching the first brush to fit :/ LONG STORY.

P.S: Shouldn't be too difficult though. Could add it in this evening!
    P.S.S: Also, make sure to play on it a little.. Especially walk up to both credit signs! ;)

5. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

Snipin's a good job, mate! ;)

6. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Autism Speaks SNIPEZILLA

Looks good! The map got extended right off the bat.

7. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

Just played on it (albeit with a 500 ping - downloading Microsoft stuff), but it looks awesome!
    More spots to hide and shoot from lol

PS: It took me a few extra seconds to de-pixelize and read the credit sign :p

8. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

I wouldnt mind a basement area for close sniping without the worry of the blade. Would make good use of the area that people seem to fall in to.

9. ExplosiveDeer

I was thinking about that too, did not know how best to go about it. I can certainly give it a shot though!

(By the way Darth Doggy, after rendering that sign, did ya hear something special?)

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ likes this.
  10. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

*Tilts head* no? *Tilts head even more* confused =S

11. ExplosiveDeer

Walk up close to it :p

12. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

We someone be o so kind and unlock spy on the new orange sniper map. Pwettyyyyy pwetttty pweeease

13. ExplosiveDeer

That about concludes this map! I know there was a suggestion to add a basement sniping area, but I just couldn't fit it in without spreading the players too thin. The bigger the map, the longer it takes to find each other!

I'm glad you guys you like the map. Gives me the encouragement to make more!

cedde likes this.
  14. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

15. ExplosiveDeer

Just had a look at the image, and my mind was instantly confuzzled. I might be able to do that when I get the hang of skewing brushes nicely.

Also, you were wondering what tools I used:
    Source SDK Tool: "Hammer" (here)
    Pakrat (here)
    and finally
    VTFEdit (here)

For the thread images I had some fun with Adobe CS5 Photoshop :)

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ likes this.
  16. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

ExplosiveDeer likes this.
  17. ExplosiveDeer

18. cedde

Indeed. But are you able to upload a file or only a link?
    Everybody, besides me, put ext link. I don't get it.

19. ExplosiveDeer

I put an external link cause I happened to have my Mediafire link on the clipboard! But I can upload it to the server if you want me to.

20. ExplosiveDeer

Server was just on Sniper_Orange 110 vED1! Seemed like a pretty good response, it flooded the server with people! (or maybe it was a coincidence >.<) Anyways, I found it a fun map to play, and I'm sure most of the people playing on it did as well. Can't wait for the final version to uploaded to the server!