1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

I can trade with my f2p account

Discussion in 'PC Games Discussion' started by Veegish, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Veegish

Veegish Baby Zilla

Hi,
    a strange thing happened to my f2p account! I have a friend who just joined steam and started playing dota 2. Yesterday I wanted to give him a CS:GO wallaper which was gifted to me. Usually when I want to trade with someone or a bot, only items gifted to me would appear in the list. But yesterday, when I clicked on my tf2 items list during the trade, they all appeared on the list! I checked with scrap.tf to see if I could trade my items and it was possible. I usually get a message saying f2p accounts can't trade but not this time! I could buy hats, craft reclaimed metals and even craft headgear and the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker. Can anyone explain how this is possible?

2. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Autism Speaks SNIPEZILLA

I have no idea.

3. Jerk

Jerk The worst

I did some slight research, and I've heard of it happening twice, (I asked around my trader friends) and I think it's the result of a potential communication error between the TF2 information and valve. I.E.: they might think you bought something on the TF2 shop or actually owned the game before you downloaded it, or both. I think you should just consider yourself fortunate and trade with yourself all day long, because nobody else on TF2 will buy your stuff any more (in general)

4. Johan

Johan S-Defens

Yeah steam can be a little bit dumb sometimes.

5. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

Understatement. It sometimes asks me to log in, then log in, then log in, then log in.

Nameless Booty likes this.
  6. Veegish

Veegish Baby Zilla

I made a purchase a week ago so it doesn't matter anymore :D

Jerk likes this.