1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

I wish for a headshot-only server

Discussion in 'Snipin's a good job, mate!' started by Perish ♪, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Perish ♪

Perish ♪ Oink oink Staff Member -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

I know we have talked about this many times before. But I would like to bring it up once more. If we were to turn one of the servers (maybe the payload server) into a headshot-only server- I will assure it gets populated. There are many people, including admins, that would support a headshot-only server as well. Although I agree it is nice to enable bodyshots, there are times where I would like to play on a headshot-only SvS server so that I can practice my aiming while scoped-in and not worry about bodyshotting (not worrying about making people angry and still be able to practice). A headshot-only server also helps newer people practice shooting at jumping snipers. It is a popular idea; please reconsider.

DrunkDoc likes this.
  2. ExplosiveDeer

ExplosiveDeer Rocket Man Staff Member The Mapper Admin.Sʐ

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Sniper Sanctuary have a headshot only mod enabled? Now, I'm certainly not trying to redirect player traffic to another server, but if the headshot only mod was put on the main SZ server, wouldn't there then be a mode bias? I certainly wouldn't mind headshot only on payload, but would enough traffic build? Guess what I am trying to get across here is, there is already a server with this mode. If it gets the kinda traffic you are talking about, shouldn't Sanctuary be populated enough for you to practice on there in between traffic flow on SZ?

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ likes this.
  3. Perish ♪

Oh. I also meant that I wish for the payload server to turn into a regular non-payload sniping server- If that's the chosen one to convert. It doesn't have to be that one.

Of course I'm content with Sniper Sanctuary. But as part of the Snipezilla team I feel obligued to play here too. And I wish I could want to play here more often. And I certainly will if there is a headshot-only server. I'm sure others also want a headshot-only server.

I'm not concerned about traffic- I am quite very sure there will be people visiting it . I am not concerned about practicing as I can do that on many other headshot-only servers. But I am concerned about diverting my time away to other sniping servers opposed to snipezilla servers.

Why would there be a mode bias? There are plenty of hs-only and anything-goes SvS servers out there and there are plenty of people that frequent them. Just because there are already plenty of HS-only servers out there it doesn't mean they won't visit this one.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  4. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

I know that a lot of people want the Snipezilla servers to become headshot-only, but I strongly doubt, after all this time, Cedde will change that. He's quite in favour for utilizing all sniper abilities, and tbh I'm kinda on the same spectrum =p
    Though I will admit that I wish there was a command that would set snipers using the sleeper on fire - with their own piss - but one can dream. =/ (sniper piss somehow contains oil)

Edit: Jeez ... dem tags o_O

5. Perish ♪

mhh even the Darwin's Danger shield is a sniper's utility. u_u

6. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Active Zilla SNIPEZILLA

I down vote that remark :)

DrunkDoc likes this.
  7. Perish ♪

It was satire =P

8. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Active Zilla SNIPEZILLA

This might be the reason we put up with wew's antics for so long, because we are able to hardscope him in the shoulder.

ExplosiveDeer likes this.
  9. Mixup

Mixup Legendary Best Sniper Staff Member Sʐ Tournament «+» Admin.Sʐ

I don't go for bodyshots even if i have the clear shot and advantage. Don't want to ruin my stats :p

Magnus, DrunkDoc and Perish ♪ like this.
  10. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

Server #1 is Headshot only-ish, 12 players max (since 2 servers is too much).
    For now.

Perish ♪ and Mixup like this.
  11. DrunkDoc

DrunkDoc Sz. Personnel Manager Staff Member Administrator Moderator Admin.Sʐ King of the Bitch Fight -Sʐ- "Drunk"

what about the recommendation of a server vote command that enables headshots only for the period of 1 map cycle
    where admins can enable the vote and let everyone decide how they want to play for a short time?

12. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

It is like that already. Only default is 1. I can change to 0 default then 1 by the !admin. (Only on 6vs6 server)

13. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

I vote against the head shot only server (I wanted it before. but not now). As a person that likes to shoot first and not second shoot puts me at a huge disadvantage because there is + side of shooting first. Head shot only teaches people to shoot second because it is the most logical way to play when it is at head shot only settings.

Magnus likes this.
  14. cedde

Same.
    This is why with !admin, you can disable it at anytime. Since that tend to annoy me, I mostly disable this shit but even with headshot only You still can use your smg to bodyshot. Like a real sniper :D

Magnus likes this.
  15. Perish ♪

I suppose it doesn't matter now until that new sniper gets fixed for the plugin .__.

16. cedde

The classic? If so, I just need to put 0 damage on no scope for this one. I guess.

Mixup likes this.
  17. Perish ♪

No more HS only? .__.

18. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

I think that plug in bugged out or something. Tried turning it on the other day and it would not work. Server fills better without it but nice to have a head shot only server as it brings in the hardcore guys.

19. DrunkDoc

DrunkDoc Sz. Personnel Manager Staff Member Administrator Moderator Admin.Sʐ King of the Bitch Fight -Sʐ- "Drunk"

im gunna put it on mine sometime, y'all are always welcome there, its gunna be toggleable as well

20. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

In comparrison to the people who enjoy both styles of sniping, those who do complain are in the minority and tend to be in the higher skill bracket and, as J.D. put it, are more used to a certain style. There used to be so many HS-only servers, and now most have disappeared and Snipezilla took up the reputation as the sniper's hub (at least for America and several parts of Europe).
    Either way, they have Sanctuary now, so they don't have to stand around and soap on the server as they used to do^^

Also, I still don't understand the Classic. Haven't gotten a chance to try it =p

Magnus likes this.