1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

TF2 Kicking and banning.....

Discussion in 'PC Games Discussion' started by J.D. wHO DAt, Jun 13, 2014.

1. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

It has come to my attention that someone is abusing admin to some degree.

http://sourcebans.snipezilla.com/index.php?p=banlist

Who is kicking and banning these people with console. I think there needs to be some kind of process of permanently banning someone than just doing it. No one would have believed that Wew was hacking but someone got proof and posted it

I think we should follow the same example.

http://www.snipezilla.com/threads/banned.161/

Why would anyone ban mule..... Admin is for the server not your own dictatorship to do what you want.

So can we please get to the bottom of this and fix it.

Attached Files:

cedde likes this.
  2. Perish ♪

Perish ♪ Oink oink Staff Member -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

I believe what we are seeing right now is the effect of having too many admins. I know people are good friends with many of them. But that should not be enough and that we must assess their style of judgement beforehand. I propose that we deactivate admin powers to the ones that are inactive (exceptions apply). Nothing personal. And when they wish to return to their 'duty' we can simply reactivate their admin powers again. Or, have them go through a re-evaluation process. What this accomplishes is it decreases the chances of an admin going rogue and it will also decrease the suspect list for admin abuse. Is there no way we can find out the player/ip of the admin who issued the bans?

Another proposal: We create a document for regulations, policies, and procedures that an admin must follow. It would list minimum and maximum punishments for specific crimes. It could state whether or not warnings must be made first on certain crimes. It could also detail the steps in identifying an aimbotter. This way, all our judgements are uniform.

AND THEN, the admin has to create a 5 paragraph report regarding the ban that should be issued and that form must be signed by at least 5 admins. Such form will then be queued along with the other forms and be re-assessed by quality control officials in two months time. Just kidding :p

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    ΩhiteΣtripeʐ likes this.
  3. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Autism Speaks SNIPEZILLA

Remember though, My name is on that list to because of the hacker changing their name. Is the real Mule really banned?

Well i checked and It is Mule. Also [​IMG]|ΠἈ| RockGuitar™ is on the list to for some reason.

4. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

We should make sure Admins are using !admin for their privileges. I remember cedde getting quite mad at me for using the console one day.

DrunkDoc likes this.
  5. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Well I think we are getting close to figuring out who is banning these people. I think it is not a new admin but an old admin.

6. Perish ♪

Perish ♪ Oink oink Staff Member -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

He claims to have only banned two people recently.

7. w3w.d0pe°e$

w3w.d0pe°e$ Newbie Zilla Sʐ Tournament

The person named Crab or something, ask him.

DrunkDoc likes this.
  8. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

I thought all Admins agreed to perma ban only for aimbot. Anything else is supposed to be ignored. Unless there is proof (like wew wallhacking).
    We could revoke all admins and hire again. Same for all people bans.
    Shall we do Reset sourcebans? :D

9. w3w.d0pe°e$

Give me another chance. I'll prove you wrong, I don't hack.
    Total Bans: 673
    "Shall we do Reset sourcebans? "
    I agree!!!

10. J.D. wHO DAt

No. I want all my bans to stay. I have never banned for a wall hack......nor have I actually looked for it. I banned aimbot (headshot only).

Just look at my history, it will speak for itself.
    And I speak for myself. If others believe what they did was right as strongly as I do, SPEAK UP OR PLEAD THE 5TH.

DrunkDoc likes this.
  11. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

Let's see what doggy and JD think about that.

12. w3w.d0pe°e$

Did anyone ask Crab guy yet?

13. cedde

Alright then. We'll see wew on TF3 then :D:cool::p

14. w3w.d0pe°e$

I wonder when it is coming out.

15. cedde

6 month after HL3.

ExplosiveDeer and w3w.d0pe°e$ like this.
  16. J.D. wHO DAt

673 bans I don't think that is perm-bans(kicks,10 minute bans, and perm bans....total) but it is still a lot. Legit- perm bans is the question that ponders my mind......

No one has questioned crab but that is the only name that has come up so should we question it?

P.S. I do not want my admin revoked.....I play hard, I curse hard, I drink hard, and I admin hard against little bitches that cant STFU and Aimboters....the end

DrunkDoc and Perish ♪ like this.
  17. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

lol, always with the hope^^

Anyways, I'd see no point in resetting the whole sourceban. The ban list is over 2 years old and has been working quite well. Though I will admit that there is an unusual increase in perma-bans of regulars recently. I've unbanned 3 of them..

Still waiting for you to throw your official input into the whole mess =p So far I've only read minor claims which don't exactly hold much ground. Though if you have written down somewhere, then my apologies.

18. w3w.d0pe°e$

What mess?

19. J.D. wHO DAt

Well this tread is going no where in fixing the problem. I call to revoke all adminship, including MY OWN, leave cedde and darth with adminship and work its way down the line again. Suck it has to be this way, but it is what it is.
    JUST FIRST 2 PAGES OF SOURCE BAN:

38/60----Console
    6//60----Admin Delete
    5/60-----Crab
    3/60----JD(2/3 of those bans are WEW)
    2/60----- Trees
    3/60----Jeeja
    1/60----dauphin
    1/60----Terrible (who da f*** is dis dude?) Anyway......
    1/60----VJ

Revoke Source bans login privileges
    Revoke 216.52.143.87:27015 adminship on this server

This is only f***ing small scale. This is 60/673. Only 11% of all bans/kicks(perm/non-perm)

I ask for support for the best of the community and not myself.

Dwell on it..........................................................................................................................................................................and input is appreciated.

EDIT: Little information-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> http://www.snipezilla.com/conversations/regarding-admin-abuse.78/

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  20. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

I think this is to much. just from these topics alone is training enough to prevent this from happening again.