1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

Maps Rotation

Discussion in 'Snipin's a good job, mate!' started by Mixup, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Mixup

Mixup Legendary Best Sniper Staff Member Sʐ Tournament «+» Admin.Sʐ

So something I have noticed is that there are a few variations of the orange map on the sniper server. It's no secret orange is thee most played map on the server. I'm not sure how the automatic voting is set up, but when it comes to voting time i will see like 4 out of 7 or 6 options whatever it is are orange maps. That kind of influences what people will pick. We have like maybe 20 maps? on the server and hardly any of them get seen or played. Maybe the automatic voting map thing can be tweaked somehow to only filter in 1 type of orange map. Thoughts?

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ likes this.
  2. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Active Zilla SNIPEZILLA

I agree

w3w.d0pe°e$ and Mixup like this.
  3. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

Ever since the forums went up, there have actually been more orange maps put into rotation lol But the server actually has around 40 maps (or more, have to check the ingame list again). There are some seriously weird ones on the list that haven't been played since a time long passed.
    But agreed. The voting menu can be tweaked with. Besides, it'd be nice to see some of the original maps being used instead of a single colour =p

4. Mixup

Just so everyone knows I don't hate orange maps haha. I like it. It's just severely over played these days. I just want to keep getting new people to join and the server to get exposure and stay full.

5. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

Mhmm, well, whenever Cedde is around again, we can try and see what can be done about the rotation =p Changing it can't be all that hard ;)
    And yeah, I get that feeling as well. Though I harbor a deep hatred towards that orange bridge..

w3w.d0pe°e$ and Mixup like this.
  6. Mixup

Judging by your points, I think you hate it more than I do because you've played it a lot more than I have haha. I actually used to not like it also. Then I figured the only way to get my points up was to play orange because it was the only map being played and I wasn't getting anywhere just playing the other maps only. So I guess I'm used to it now and all the shenanigans.

By the way, good seeing and playing with you again the other day Darth xD

w3w.d0pe°e$ and Darth Doggy like this.
  7. So, should we start putting more emphasis on non-Orange maps such as Ridge on the voting menu to combat the popularity of the orange maps?

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  8. Darth Doggy

Mixup: Haha, I went the opposite way around. I used to love it, but eventually raised a hatred of my own due to many, many hours on the original orange map and having teams spawncamp..
    But aye. Good game, regardless of team balance ;) Need to get time off of all these essays and Practical assignments so I can play more properly and regularly =/

Sweet Sparkling Jarate: And would be nice. I mean, no need to root out all orange maps, but just a bit of difference can be preferable at times!

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  9. w3w.d0pe°e$

w3w.d0pe°e$ Newbie Zilla Sʐ Tournament

Someone make a new version of sniperz_ridge map.