1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

TF2 My Market Garden's are Crashing the Stock Market!

Discussion in 'PC Games Discussion' started by ExplosiveDeer, Apr 11, 2015.

1. ExplosiveDeer

ExplosiveDeer Rocket Man Staff Member The Mapper Admin.Sʐ

For the past few weeks I've gotten really competitive in TF2. My main went from Sniper to Soldier and I now have a secondary main; Spy. I've been on a hiatus due to work and this competitive urge ;)

I do however have some results to share with ya guys though!

2. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

Cannot watch 2nd vid: 'your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available'. ??

1st is awesome. nice editing.

3. ExplosiveDeer

Thats odd, I'll look into that. Lemme know if anyone else has that issue.

4. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

I don't have flash installed. but I believe youtube doesn't use it anymore.
    You should explain on how and what you use to make a video. I want to film myself too. But I have no clue and too lazy to google :rolleyes:

5. ExplosiveDeer

Right! So for those that are interested, here is a bit about what I did to make these videos and edit them.

You will need 3 things!

First up: PREC
    PREC is a simple tool that automatically records .demos of matches you play when a tournament mode game has started. In other words, its an automated version of typing "record demo" in console before playing the game as usual. You don't necessarily need this tool and all you really need to do as your first step is to record a demo using "record <name here>" simply type "stop" in console when you are finished, or let the map change and it will automatically end the recording. You can find these recorded .demo files in your steam/steamapps/common/teamfortress 2/tf/ folder. I'll go into further detail regarding the steps I took to do all this further down in the post.

Secondly: Dxtory
    So like most things, Dxtory isn't completely free. There are backdoor methods to acquiring the program without $ but I won't go into that. Whats important to note is that this will be used to re-record the .demo you initially recorded. There are alternatives to Dxtory like Fraps and Lawena but I prefer Dxtory as there is no frame drops like those in Fraps, and it faster than Lawena. You can however make a lot more finer detailing with Lawena with regards to options.

Lastly: Vegas Pro
    This program is in short, far from free. Its roughly $500 the last time I checked. REALLY COSTLY. But as always there are back doors... >.>
    Regardless, this program is good for taking the newly recorded outputs from Dxtory and organizing them in a timeline where you can add transitional effects, audio effects and music tracks, and plenty of other things to enhance the videos appeal. The same thing can be done in a program like Windows Movie Maker but you are severely limited to what you can do there ^_^.

I'll have a step by step guide as to what I did exactly when making my Slam Dunk video added to this post soon!