1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

Server Commands

Discussion in 'Snipin's a good job, mate!' started by cedde, Dec 31, 2013.

1. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

Here a list of useful commands (sourcemode):

Everybody:
    • rtv (rock the vote)
    • nominate (nominate a map for the next votemap)
    • rank
    • top10
    • @ (to reach an admin)
    • @@@ center chat message to all players [color]msg
    Admin Command only:
    • !admin (show the admin menu)
    • /admin (same without printing in the chat)

There is more, so I update the list as soon as I know them.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  2. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

How does the @ feature work?

3. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

Simply type @ in front of whatever you want to say (e.g. "@ Stop that!"). Just need to have a space inbetween the @ and what you want to say. Non-admins can also use it, as to talk straight to the admins =p

4. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Autism Speaks SNIPEZILLA

How do you get people's steamid's?

5. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Couldn't ban the aimbotter due to him having the same names as other players. How can you tell them apart?

6. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

You ask them to leave the server for 2mn. And you ban everyone who stay.

7. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Okay, i'll do that next time.

8. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

Type status in console

Mixup and ΩhiteΣtripeʐ like this.
  9. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

If you type status in the console then you can use the user id from the list to match with the UI of SourceMode to ID the correct person without using their name. Thanks for the info wHO DAt.

10. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Also, how do you kick and give a reason? Without using RCON?

11. cedde

just kick.
    sourcebans use rcon for those king of task.

12. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Found a list of commands.

How to Target

General targets:

• name - Exact name match, or partial name match (if the partial string is unique).
    • #userid - If userid is numeric, the player will be targeted by their userid (found via the "users" command).
    • #steamid - Matches by Steam ID. If you use colons :)), you must enclose in quotes. Otherwise, you can use an underscore (_) instead. Examples:"#STEAM_0:1:4433", #STEAM_0_1_4433
    • #<name> - Exact name match after the # sign.
    • @all - All players (available on most commands).
    • @bots - All bots (available on most commands).
    • @alive - All alive players (available on most commands that accept alive players).
    • @dead - All dead players (available on most commands that accept dead players).
    • @humans - All non-bot players (available on most commands).
    • @aim - Current player the admin is directly aiming at.
    • @me - Target self.
    • @!me - Target everyone but yourself.
    Note that name matches occur last, "magic targets" (such as # and @) are processed first. This means that "@all" will target @all players, even if there is a player named "@all". You should target "#@all" instead.

Counter-Strike only:

• @ct or @cts - All Counter-Terrorists
    • @t or @ts - All Terrorists
    Team Fortress 2 Only:

• @red - All RED team members
    • @blue - All BLU team members

Basic Commands
    These are basic commands found in plugins that have been deemed safe for War Mode; they provide simple functionality for administering your server.

CommandPluginAccessFormatDescription
    sm_addbanbasebansrcon<time> <steamid> [reason]Adds a Steam ID to Source's ban list.
    sm_adminadminmenuadmin Displays the admin menu.
    sm_banbasebansban<#userid|name> <minutes|0> [reason]Bans a client.
    sm_banipbasebansban<ip|#userid|name> <time> [reason]Adds an IP address to Source's ban list. Only someone with rcon access can ban an arbitrary IP.
    sm_cancelvotebasecommandsvote Cancels any vote in progress.
    sm_cvarbasecommandscvar<cvar> [value]Retrieves or changes a cvar value. Protected cvars can only be accessed with rcon access, and sv_cheats can only be accessed with cheat access.
    sm_execcfgbasecommandsconfig<filename>Executes a config file (path not needed, but extension is).
    sm_helpadminhelpadminsearch]Lists all admin commands. Output is paginated and a page number can be specified. Alternately, a search term can be specified to search for a specific command.
    sm_kickbasecommandskick<#userid|name> [reason]Kicks a player.
    sm_mapbasecommandsmap<map>Changes the current map.
    sm_rconbasecommandsrcon<argstring>Executes the argument string via rcon. You will only see RCON output on SourceMod 1.4 or above.
    sm_reloadadminsbasecommandsconfig Refreshes the Admin cache from all sources.
    sm_unbanbasebansunban<steamid|ip>Unbans a Steam ID or an IP.
    sm_whobasecommandsadmin[#userid|name]Lists all users and their access rights, or a specific user's access rights.
    Extended Commands
    These commands provide extended functionality that may not be present on all games, either due to game or engine differences. In general, they work on the most popular mods. If you have a mod which is new, or not supported yet due to lower popularity, file a feature request.

sm_beaconfuncommandsslay<target>Adds a ring around each target, making them easily visible.
    sm_burnfuncommandsslay<target> [time]Sets the target(s) on fire for the specified amount of time. This may or may not work fully on certain games (for example, TF2 is missing the fire sprite, but clients will bleed/lose health). If specified, burning effect will stop after the [time] seconds.
    sm_chatbasechatchat<message>Sends a say-chat message to all admins.
    sm_csaybasechatchat<message>Sends a centered message to all players.
    sm_gagbasecommchat<target>Prevents the target(s) from using messagemode/say chat.
    sm_hsaybasechatchat<message>Sends a message to all players via a center-bottom hint box.
    sm_msaybasechatchat<message>Sends a message as a menu panel (only meaningful on games that support radio menus).
    sm_mutebasecommchat<target>Prevents the target(s) from using voice chat.
    sm_playsoundsadmin<target> <file>Plays a sound file on the server to each target.
    sm_psaybasechatchat<target> <message>Sends a private chat message to a single target.
    sm_renameplayercommandsslay<#userid|name>Changes the name of a player.
    sm_resetcvarbasecommandscvar<cvar>Resets CVAR value back to default.
    sm_saybasechatchat<message>Sends a say-chat message to all players.
    sm_silencebasecommchat<target>Performs both a gag and mute on the target(s).
    sm_slapplayercommandsslay<target> [damage]"Slaps" a player, emitting a noise and throwing them in a random direction. If specified, the damage amount will be subtracted from each target's health.
    sm_slayplayercommandsslay<target>Kills a player.
    sm_tsaybasechatchat[color] <message>Sends a top-left message to all players. If no color is specified, the text will be white. Colors available are: white, red, green, blue, yellow, purple, cyan, orange, pink, olive, lime, violet, lightblue. The names are not case sensitive.
    sm_ungagbasecommchat<target>Allows the target(s) to use messagemode/say chat again.
    sm_unmutebasecommchat<target>Allows the target(s) to use voice chat again.
    sm_unsilencebasecommchat<target>Perfoms both an ungag and unmute on the target(s).
    Vote Commands
    These commands are listed separately as they are all related to voting. None of them are available in war mode by default.

sm_votebasevotesvote<question> [answer1] [answer2] [answer3] ...Starts an arbitrary vote with the given arguments as answers.
    sm_votealltalkfunvotesvote Starts a vote to change the value of sv_alltalk.
    sm_votebanbasevotesvote, ban<target> [reason]Starts a vote to ban a single player for thirty minutes.
    sm_voteburnfunvotesvote, slay<target>Starts a vote to burn a single player.
    sm_votefffunvotesvote Starts a vote to change the value of mp_friendlyfire.
    sm_votegravityfunvotesvote<amount> [amount2] [amount3] ...Initiates a vote to change the value of sv_gravity.
    sm_votekickbasevotesvote, kick<target> [reason]Starts a vote to kick a single player.
    sm_votemapbasevotesvote, map<map> [map2] [map3] ...Starts a vote to change the map.
    sm_voteslayfunvotesvote, slay<target>Starts a vote to slay a single player.

13. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

I noticed that our server does not have the sm_extend_time. What command does the SM module use when map vote extends the time of a map? Is there any way admins can use this command as well?

14. cedde

Snipezilla is a 'vanilla' server oriented snipers with barebone addons added only for a fair and fun gameplay(amen).
    So i don't think any admins can modified any vars.

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ likes this.
  15. w3w.d0pe°e$

w3w.d0pe°e$ Newbie Zilla Sʐ Tournament

My technique of figuring out if a person is hacking:
    They usually have no profile picture.
    Go to the hacker's profile.
    Check how long the suspect has been playing TF2.
    4 hours of playing time = ban.
    Of course, you should always spectate.

Mixup and ΩhiteΣtripeʐ like this.
  16. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Just for the record, Noobs don't know what they want :p

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  17. ExplosiveDeer

ExplosiveDeer Rocket Man Staff Member The Mapper Admin.Sʐ

Bare with me, I know what I'm gonna say is essentially a repeat of whats in here! However! It is in my the best interest to provide a nice clean method of getting rid of those rats that.. Well.. Works every time!

The Steps to Banning quickly!
    1. Like wew.d0pe mentioned, hackers will never use their own steam profile (for obvious reasons they don't want to lose the account they actually spent some of their money on! ... Which begs the question why they'd spend money on an aimbot only to have the account eventually banned...)

- The avatar is 99% of the time the default "?"
    - The profile is probably private or not setup.
    - Hours on the game are low
    - Inventory has under 10 items
    - (0 - 10) achievements
    acquired

2. When you see one of these people, and they are poppin' heads left and right, go ahead and stop what you are doing and type 'status' in console.

What this will do is show a list of the players currently connected to the server, and all over their respective STEAMID's and the USERID's with respect to connection to the server. These two are the important numbers.
    [​IMG]
    * The number "3867" is the USERID.
    * The string/number "STEAM_0:1:6047325" is the STEAMID
    * We don't need to worry about the rest.

2b. "But wait, the aimbotter is using somebody else's name! There are two? Which one is it?"
    The beauty of Steam: You can have any name you want, in any server, at any time. As long as it isn't the same as someone else's you are currently playing with. There will ALWAYS be a difference.

Take a look:
    [​IMG]
    * Obviously I couldn't make myself join again, and get a perfect scenario. BUT, images can tell the future can they not? Sure what the hell.
    * Lets pretend this is an aimbotter, with a different steamid and userid posing as me.
    * Lets also pretend the symbol at the end of my name is a " " (space); "{CA}ExplosiveDeer "

There will always be a tell tale sign that this person is the poser. Are they changing their name frequently? Not a problem. Once you type "status" it won't change the print out like a live feed. Thank the lord!

3. So we've pinpointed the fag, lets kick/ban his ass.

There are two ways we can do this: (sm_ban #"STEAM_0:1:6047325")
    Note: In the image I forgot to put "quotes" around the STEAMID after the #!
    [​IMG]
    *You technically only need the quotes wrapped around the steamid if you want to use the exact copy paste form with the ":" left in. Otherwise you can replace the colons with underscores:
    Code:
    sm_kick #STEAM_0_1_6047325
    sm_ban #STEAM_0_1_6047325

or

(sm_ban #3867)
    [​IMG]

* The hashtag "#" is used to target EXACT references such as STEAMID or USERID. It is very useful! Unfortunately, simply using sm_admin to then kick from the list won't give you a surefire chance of kicking/banning the actual perp because he's put you in a situation where its a 50/50 shot. I don't like those odds, so I don't do it that way.

And that's how the losers of this world can be exterminated in 3 quick & easy steps!

Bonus Step:

Step 4: Come at me bro.
    The above 3 steps are the fastest route to getting rid of those unwanted jackwagons that think aimbotting will improve their online experience. So it's no wonder it brings great pleasure to send these jackwagons off to hell with a final message from the hangman himself. When there's a head to chop, the hangman will always come down from the gallows!

So, from what we learned above, all we need to do is simply amend the previous code with our message.

Code:
    sm_kick #"#STEAM_0:1:6047325" "<Message here>"
    sm_ban #"#STEAM_0:1:6047325" "<Message here>"

The message always comes last, but its the first thing those jackwagons will have the pleasure of seeing, so don't get carried away with an endless amount of vengeance in your heart!
    - Make sure to have a space after the end of your kick/ban reference target.
    - Always put quotes on the message to keep it clean and exactly they way the devil inside you wants it.
    - You can leave out the "<" and ">".

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  18. w3w.d0pe°e$

w3w.d0pe°e$ Newbie Zilla Sʐ Tournament

You should make a new thread to put this info.

19. ExplosiveDeer

ExplosiveDeer Rocket Man Staff Member The Mapper Admin.Sʐ

If you'd like I can do so!

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  20. Perish ♪

Perish ♪ Oink oink Staff Member -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

Are we able to ban their IP?

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.