1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

MAP Sniper_Orange 110 vED 0.6

Edited version of Sniper_Orange 110, including new snipe positions and more!

1. ExplosiveDeer

ExplosiveDeer Rocket Man Staff Member The Mapper Admin.Sʐ

{CA}ExplosiveDeer submitted a new resource:

Sniper_Orange 110 vED - Edited version of Sniper_Orange 110, including new snipe positions and more!

Read more about this resource...

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  2. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

I find the map too busy. Why not remove all the barricades on level 2 & 3?
    You could delete some spot light too. I find setting to linear sometimes make a more natural tone too.
    What's up this the bridge!?

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  3. ExplosiveDeer

This bridge is meant to make it more difficult to simply cross it. There is a guide on the floor below that represents where the invisible pieces are floating. So far after watching people play vED1, the bridge has hit it on the nail. I was tired of people easily crossing and then spawn camping. Now, when making it across, you'll more than likely meet a bunch of enemies ready to take you on rather than some clueless easy kills!

I was worried about the busy feeling of the final map as well. I figure if I knock some gates down on the 2nd floor now that there is an additional floor, it should blend nicely to a final result.

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  4. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  5. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Autism Speaks SNIPEZILLA

Played version 3, not bad.
    @Deer - you said that adding a basement would make it to large, how about halving the map horizontally. This will condense the top area, and allow for the installation of a basement snipping area as well.

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  6. ExplosiveDeer

{CA}ExplosiveDeer updated Sniper_Orange 110 vED with a new update entry:

Making space!

Read the rest of this update entry...

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  7. cedde

Downloading now!
    Can you explain to @41.Dauphin41.Dauphin how you changed the external download to a direct upload.tx. :)

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  8. ExplosiveDeer

Sure thing!
    When I posted the update, I simply added the file from the option there on the "Update Resource Post" page. It would appear that every time you post an update through the "Update Resource" feature, it will replace the link previously provided. Since I changed from an external link, to a direct upload it simply overwrote with the change.

9. cedde

ready to test on server #2

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  10. ExplosiveDeer

I cannot for the life of me figure out this lighting issue. I think it may have something to do with the light_env that acts as the maps central light source.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The shacks aren't too bad, but in the hall way, there is a long strip of light that shouldn't be there. When I changed the pitch on the light_env, the problem disappeared, but made the rest of the map lighting kinda sucky.

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  11. ExplosiveDeer

As for the light_env's settings:
    [​IMG]

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  12. cedde

When you run the map, in the console type:
    mat_specular 0
    mat_hdr_level 0
    buildcubemaps

After that grab the .bsp in your map folder (A:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps)
    and add any materials created.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png
    the multi-color cube (Toggle Texture Application) allow you to change the light for any block/face

I strip down the map, too many err. it is a cleaner map now.

Attached Files:

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  13. cedde

Played v4, with 16-18. Not too bad. But you have to look everywhere. Left/right, up/down. Maybe narrow the width of the map?

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  14. cedde

A screenshot ~ 200px × 112px would be nice too for the live view :D
    (name_of_the_map.png)

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  15. ExplosiveDeer

Alrighty thanks! I'll get on back on this as soon as I'm finished with this programming exam tonight.

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  16. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

: have you seen the new orange map made by deer?
    serious «+» : nope
    Dauphin.Sʐ : one sec
    serious «+» : is it on forums?
    serious «+» : ok
    ] map sniper_orange_110_ved_03
    Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle_default.txt'. ('cfg/mapcycle.txt' was not found.)
    Set motd from file 'cfg/motd_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd.txt' was not found.)
    Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd_text.txt' was not found.)
    'listenserver.cfg' not present; not executing.
    'sniper_orange_110_ved_03.cfg' not present; not executing.

Team Fortress
    Map: sniper_orange_110_ved_03
    Players: 1 / 24
    Build: 2127693
    Server Number: 1

The server is using sv_pure 0. (Enforcing consistency for select files only)
    Unable to initialize DirectSoundCapture. You won't be able to speak to other players.Dauphin.Sʐ connected
    Compact freed 339968 bytes

This is a the output from the console that leads to snipers not being able to download the map from the server. Any ideas?

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  17. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Well cedde probably thinks i'm handy capped from trying to upload a resource, however i changed the map on the main server it was just me and serious + and i ended up on my own personal server where no one could join. Crazy? yes! Weird! Yes.

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  18. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Update...

Dauphin.Sʐ: CANT JOIN?
    serious «+»: nope
    Dauphin.Sʐ: why?
    serious «+»: it says im missing the map
    serious «+»: cant download it haha

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  19. ExplosiveDeer

Have him double check that in his tf2 game options > Multiplayer > "Allow custom files from servers" is checked. If that's not the problem, it might be a server communication error. I don't know of an error in mapping that prevents people from dlling it. (Don't wanna place the blame, but ... :/ )

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  20. ExplosiveDeer

Just a heads up:
    I plan on having the next version if Sniper_Orange 110 vED up by tonight along with a discussion thread on my next map: Mountain Side.

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.