1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

MAP Sniper_Orange 110 vED 0.6

Edited version of Sniper_Orange 110, including new snipe positions and more!

1. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

What's up?
    Nobody can join this kind of server, map <name> command create a local server.
    If you want to change a map, you have to type !admin and start a vote map -> the only legal way!
    You can force a map from the same menu, if everybody else does agree.
    If you ever change a map from the console, you lose your admin status.

Sounds good.

2. ExplosiveDeer

ExplosiveDeer Rocket Man Staff Member The Mapper Admin.Sʐ

So, I noticed you textured the floor of the pit with dev_envcubemap. Is this a must for the env_cubemap's you've placed throughout the map near the lights?

3. ExplosiveDeer

{CA}ExplosiveDeer updated Sniper_Orange 110 vED with a new update entry:

I can see the light!

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

Available on all servers. Thanks!! Looks awesome!!

5. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Active Zilla SNIPEZILLA

Well I didn't know that. Also when i changed it it was just me and serious on the server. The command i used was sm_map. I wasn't using the rcon commands; i don't even have access to them.

6. cedde

Excellent remix imho

7. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

All orange maps are the shiznit, bit dis one is da bomb.

8. Mixup

Mixup Legendary Best Sniper Staff Member Sʐ Tournament «+» Admin.Sʐ

A couple things I've noticed with this map in particular that i'm not sure can be changed. The respawn points need to be tweaked a bit. When joining the map on fresh start, people spawn and are able to shoot each other right off the bat and we can't move or do anything about it. Same concept applies when you die and respawn, there isn't anywhere to be hidden from so anyone can shoot you when you spawn. There isn't any cover in the middle area by the bridge.

I also agree there is a lot going on no the 2nd and third floors. Maybe do away with the sheet metal and is there a way to make a stack of crates high enough to hide a sniper behind? That would give some fresh look to cover besides the typical sheet metal. Also the sheet metal is more glitchy compared to crates because the sniper can hide behind it and not get hit from almost all angles.

9. ExplosiveDeer

I really appreciate the feedback Mixup! It helps me to better understand what I can do to make everyone happy! Here's what I've got in mind:

The Spawns: What could be done with regards to the spawning issue (I had noticed this but thought it was interesting to see people figure out they could race each other for a first kill :p) is simply moving the all of the spawns into the hallways on either side.
    I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks as well!

Cover: With regards to the replacing the sheet metal, it can be done, but I've only ever witnessed one person efficiently exploiting the edges of the sheets. (wew.dope I'm looking at you :|) I had stuck to the sheets because they kept the map simple and then added the crates as a balance so it wasn't entirely sheets as cover. Unfortunately there is no way to avoid the exploit of geometry. People can do the same thing they do with the metal sheet with the edge of a wall, or even crates.

Center Cover: I intentionally opened that center space up to provide a better spread. I found that too many people were huddling in that single space more often than hanging on the sides with the sheets or even using the towers. I also wanted to get people away from the center to provide a more challenging environment in where you can in-fact be shot while running for you health packs. As Ambassador spy (I was talking with J.D just the other day about this) it's very aggravating to see your still-alive-headshot victim getting all of his health back while hiding, completely safe from your picking abilities.

The Spread: The busy-ness of the map is what I think makes it more unique than most. It allows newer/less skilled snipers to at least have a chance at making a move before they are swiftly dominated and desire nothing more but to leave unsatisfied. What the spread also does is prevent 5 people from sniping in the same spot. I cannot tell you how annoying it is to have teammates pushing you around or even walking through you and in front of your scope.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say "the map's busy characteristic is what...."

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  10. Mixup

Mixup Legendary Best Sniper Staff Member Sʐ Tournament «+» Admin.Sʐ

I have a reply but it's hard to explain. Maybe I'll add you later today and I can use my mic in steam chat lol

11. If we're gonna ever go back towards pushing Orange maps for play, then this will be the map we push. Best Orange map IMO.

Mixup and ExplosiveDeer like this.
  12. w3w.d0pe°e$

w3w.d0pe°e$ Newbie Zilla Sʐ Tournament

Deer, you should help me build a map sometimes. Btw, people in SZ tend to like your map.

13. ExplosiveDeer

Its cool to comeback after a busy few months of irl activity to see more positive comments :)
    Lucky me my class ends in 2 weeks! After that I'll have a nice summer vacation to work on the Mountain Side map I've brought up in discussion. I've gotten a lot of new ideas while working on my Mann vs Machine map, so I hope you guys can hold your excitement in a bit longer ;)

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ likes this.
  14. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

New maps...deer keeping it fresh for us