1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

Team Fortress Classic Sniper Maps

Discussion in 'Snipin's a good job, mate!' started by ΩhiteΣtripeʐ, Feb 18, 2014.

Interested in Finding the old school creativity in today's maps?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm a noob

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Autism Speaks SNIPEZILLA

It has been over a decade, however I have some fond memories of sniper maps in Team Fortress Classic. It would be nice to either A. recreate the old maps for TF2 or B. (the better option) find the maps that have already been recreated. I know the age difference between the people that played classic and that play TF2 is huge and there are not many of us left but I would get a nice, warm fuzzy feeling to play some of these maps in the TF2 arena. It seemed that the old school maps were way more creative then the ones we have been playing in TF2.

Okay first map that I will describe that i remember.

A ball shaped map that was hollow on the inside, and had three decks that the teams could snipe from. The teams were divided symmetrically in half of the ball. It was a great map and I learned a lot from it.

Please comment if you remember maps from back in the day and describe them and/or describe a map that you would like to be created.

2. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Okay another map that I remember, I think it was used in HL first and then convereted to TF classic. I beleive the map name was mouse trap or just mouse, and you had the two teams and you were in a kitchen. Would be interesting to play as only snipers on this map. Plenty of long range and medium distance sniping and The plus is wew.dopest has plenty of area to do his infamous "peek-a-boo" tactic. :)

3. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

http://tfc.wireplay.co.uk/index.php?pg=map&id=559

Check it out it is the map I first described, however this is the TFC style. Gotta keep searching.

Anyone know how to create a TF2 Map? I know i could google it but for the sake of discussion or other knowledge that google is lacking, please advise.

4. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

There is a lot of map convert from TFC (sn_dot, etc...), i will try to find the list. I used to have it, when i was looking for maps, i have downloaded a zip with those maps, but they were for TFC.

5. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

Maps, particularly sniper map, are easy to create. The difficulty is the design/layout.

6. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Do you know the software that is used to create TF2 maps?

7. cedde

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\hammer.exe
    Attached file is your favorite map :D

Attached Files:

8. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Oh goodness, why ruin a perfectly good discussion with that. Abandon Thread!

9. cedde

:D

10. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Did you find sniper ball by chance?

11. cedde

i haven't search for it, yet.

12. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Well what about know?