1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

To keep Sydney Sleeper?

Discussion in 'Snipin's a good job, mate!' started by J.D. wHO DAt, Feb 7, 2014.

1. J.D. wHO DAt

J.D. wHO DAt Moderator Staff Member Moderator The Enforcer -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

Many complaints about the Sydney Sleeper......just wondering if yall think we should keep it or get rid of it. I myself want to get rid of it as it can really be a damper to those who are actually trying to snipe and get head shots. Throws you off your game terribly while dueling someone for a kill and some prick snipes you from the corner constantly with a sleeper. Just my opinion, what do you all think.

AKA I hate bitch lucy with a passion.........

w3w.d0pe°e$ likes this.
  2. Perish ♪

Perish ♪ Oink oink Staff Member -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

Ahaha Lucy.
    To be honest, I don't really mind the sleeper. You can charge body shots with any sniper. I think what a lot of people want is: Headshots only. IIRC the reason we haven't resorted to headshots-only is because it would put jumpers (is that proper lingo? ) at an advantage over non-jumpers.

3. J.D. wHO DAt

Not really, getting a headshot on someone jumping is that that difficult, but is is not that easy either. I used to not be a jumper, until I realized how much longer I stayed alive doing it.

I feel like the Sydney sleeper is not even trying....let me charge up behind a wall then shoot someone that is dueling someone else.

Wish we had the headshot only mod....maybe one day

4. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

I think if it doesn't give any clear advantage like the danger shield or maybe backstabbing for gameplay, it doesn't make any sens to disable a weapon.
    There is plenty headshot only server, all boring.
    I'm hardly working on this server full situation. not fun anymore.

5. Lucy

Lucy Baby Zilla

:|

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    w3w.d0pe°e$ and ΩhiteΣtripeʐ like this.
  6. Perish ♪

Perish ♪ Oink oink Staff Member -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

So knives will be disabled eventually? Nice.

7. Darth Doggy

Darth Doggy It's Doge time!! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ- Lord of the Memes Admin.Sʐ

Personally not a huge fan of Sydney Sleepers, but then again, neither am I of people who bodyshoot me with a Heatmaker or Bazaar Bargain (which are pretty much bleedin' intended for headshots..) lol
    As long as they don't throw it in your face about killing you with bodyshots, I'm fine =p

8. J.D. wHO DAt

Yea well........Was hoping to get the sleepers to go so we could get one step closer to head shots only, but that not gonna happen. Thanks for the input. See yall on the server.

Jd who dat

9. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

no the knives stay. But danger & backstab are automatically kick

10. ExplosiveDeer

ExplosiveDeer Rocket Man Staff Member The Mapper Admin.Sʐ

It's been a while since this thread was made, however I wanna put my opinion down on the field here with regards to the Sydney Sleeper. While its true you can charge + bodyshot with any sniper rifle, the Sydney Sleeper is the most popular rifle to do so. Here are the stats on this rifle:

- +25% Charge Rate (The true killer)
    - On Hit: Jarate applied to target for 8 seconds.

I must agree with J.D in regards to the annoyance of a player named Lucy. I'd recommend you don't mention your hatred for Sydney Sleepers, or for that matter, Lucy in general. This player will target you specifically (With suspiciously accurate results) until you rage.

Why it is cheap:
    - You have a much larger target to aim for, making it so much easier to actually get a hit on the first shot.

- With the faster charge rate, you can easily 2 shot anyone you please while still being able to avoid skillful quick-scope headshots.

- I don't know how often you've experienced this, but have you ever been shot, covered with Jarate, and then instantly bodyshot aftwards? It happens much too often, and I blame this on the irresistible attraction to snipers covered in pis-half the time its essentially a guaranteed kill next shot.

- (My personal favorite argument): I myself consider sniper servers meant to be for practicing your skills as a sniper, and what is the quickest way to kill someone in the game? Headshot (Let's not forget that the Sydney Sleeper cannot headshot). I join sniper servers specifically to hone my headshotmlg360scopeswagxXxelite skill, because when it comes to UGC tournaments, bodyshots will not do.
    What does this have to do with those of you that like to use the Sydney Sleeper? I can't practice my headshotmlg360scopeswagxXxelite skill when my scope keeps getting knocked by your bodyshotmlg360noscopeswagxXxelite skill and I know for a fact I am not the only one complaining ;)

11. J.D. wHO DAt

I would go 1 step farther and just make it a headshot only server....that would fix any complaints I have. It would make it extremely harder to play spy but I am willing to deal with it. But all in all I don't like the sleeper, but if nothing changes on the server I will still enjoy playing there.

12. cedde

I will look at the Sidney Sleeper. I have no problem playing against a Sydney tbh. So i quite don't understand the problem. yet.

13. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Autism Speaks SNIPEZILLA

YOu should add this to the section "how to become a better sniper" I'm gonna have to try the full charge then noscopebodyshot360swaggalicous . Great post with good information on how to be a great sniper! Thanks

14. J.D. wHO DAt

Yea that's how I became the shitty sniper I am....it's the only way...dauphin you won't get better until you learn how to do this 3 times in a row while falling from a tower.

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ likes this.
  15. Vindication

Vindication Owner of Vile Crew Sniping -Sʐ- Admin.Sʐ

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I don't really have any issue with the sidney sleeper or any primary for that matter. My issue is the f***ing nerds with the smg and melee. that shit needs to go imo

16. J.D. wHO DAt

SMG yes and melee no......

I understand your frustration with the melee but....you gotta give it to the people doing it.....that is a earned kill, but on the other hand smg spam and Sydney sleeper, a blind person could almost get kills with that.

Explosive deer is most dangerous when it comes to piss and a sword. Also quite deadly with a bullet also.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014