1. TOURNAMENT SERVERS

darwin.snipezilla.com:27015(74.91.122.168:27015)
    darwin.snipezilla.com:27016(74.91.122.168:27016)
    Command: !sz, !menu

TF2 Unicode Showing as Boxes

Discussion in 'PC Games Discussion' started by ΩhiteΣtripeʐ, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ Autism Speaks SNIPEZILLA

As of recently, a few day's ago, most Unicode's are shown as boxes instead of the symbol. Anyone have information on this? This only happens in game; on the steam page or on HLstatsx it appears to be fine.

2. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

Haven't notice that yet, i know sometimes Unicode are not compatible with every browsers and maybe system?
    Here i had to convert the Unicode, showing square at first.

3. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

The only reason I'm bringing it up is because it just started happening to me after a video driver update.

4. cedde

cedde Snipin's a good job, mate! Staff Member SNIPEZILLA Admin.Sʐ Sʐ Tournament -Sʐ-

Windows?

5. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Yes win 7

6. cedde

Then the Unicode font should be installed by default, maybe check Google.
    Also Under my language setting:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Language\Advanced settings
    Everything is set to "Use Language List(recommanded)" maybe that get reset during your update ??
    Don't panic yet, one of our active member may know the answer :D and will respond shortly.

7. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

Don't know if i mentioned this, the characters work in windows just not within TF2.

8. cedde

Screenshot please.

9. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

upload_2014-2-25_18-22-36.png

Here is an example. Check the name out.

10. cedde

Go to "Control Panel" -> "Region and Language" -> "Administrative" -> "Change system locale..."
    Change the locale to the one you're having problem with, and then change it back. Untitled.png Untitled2.png

ΩhiteΣtripeʐ likes this.
  11. ΩhiteΣtripeʐ

It worked thanks for the solution! It requires a few restarts of the computer but it worked.